Plants that perform
- Grevillea lanigera is an attractive medium-sized local plant that will attract birds to the bright red flowers.
- Grevillea glabrata has a tiny white flower that attracts insects.
- From sunny windswept areas to those dry and shady areas under trees, we can select suitable plants.
- Some Poa tussock grass species are unsuitable for dry areas while others thrive there.
- Grassland herbs such as the yellow button can provide six months of colour.
- Winter colour can be provided by flowering shrubs.
- Species can be selected to work well within exotic gardens.
- We can select for screening or fast-growing plants for the bare block.
- All our plants are well suited to Canberra Conditions.
- Plants which grow naturally in local bushlands make birds and animals part of the pleasure to be derived from the garden.
- Some of the people with Native Nook gardens have learnt about local flora and now foster understanding of local species planting in Canberra.
- Local species offer a good challenge to those who wish to learn more about ecologically sensitive gardens.
Soils and climate
- Native Nooks knows the various soul types and problems common in the Canberra region.
- Our plants will grow well in the range of Canberra soils and also survive the winter frosts.
- Native Nooks can advise you on, and install, watering systems for your garden.
- Native Nooks aims to help you during the establishment phase so that your garden grows and thrives.
- This includes advice on watering and other aspects of caring for young and old plants.
Meeting your needs
- Native Nooks offers services to suit every budget from consultations to advise you on coherent designsand planting advice through to full design and construction services.